Spring and Summer terms are considered the end of the academic year. Therefore the amount of aid that is available for distribution to students during this time depends on how much was distributed during the fall and winter semesters. The amount of grants, loans, and work study available in spring or summer can be considerably less than what is typically available during the rest of the academic year.
In order to inform the Office of Financial Aid of your intent to take classes during the spring or summer terms please submit a spring/summer aid application.
- How do I get aid for spring/summer?
- If I miss the priority deadline is there any chance for spring/summer aid?
- I'm thinking about transferring to UM-Flint. Can I apply for spring/summer aid before I'm admitted?
- I'm a UM-Flint student, but I haven't attended in a few years. What do I need to do to get spring/summer aid?
- How do I know what I have been offered for spring/summer?
- Do I have to accept my loans like I do in the fall/winter?
- When does spring/summer aid pay?
How do I get aid for spring/summer?
File a spring/summer application. Notice that the spring/summer aid application is available will be posted on the Ofiice of Financial Aid home page. The priority deadline is February 17, 2012.
If I miss the priority deadline is there any chance for spring/summer aid?
Yes, you can still apply for aid. However, your application will be considered "late." Late applications will not be looked at until all on-time applications have been processed. Typically very little or no grant funds will remain when late applications are processed.
I'm thinking about transferring to UM-Flint. Can I apply for spring/summer aid before I'm admitted?
No, in order to submit the on-line application you need to be admitted and have a valid UMID.
NOTE: the aid you receive at other schools during the 2011/2012 academic year will impact the aid you are eligible for at UM-Flint.
I'm a UM-Flint student, but I haven't attended in a few years. What do I need to do to get spring/summer aid?
- Visit the Admissions Office and complete a re-admit application or complete the application on-line.
- Follow the procedure listed above to apply for aid.
How do I know what I have been offered for spring/summer?
You will receive an award notice in your UM-Flint email account. This will direct you to look at the "Awards by Term" screen in SIS. You will then be able to see what you are eligible for during the spring/summer.
Do I have to accept my loans like I do in the fall/winter?
No, if you indicate that you want loans on your spring/summer application we will automatically accept them for you if you are eligible.
When does spring/summer aid pay?
Spring and summer aid will pay on the first day of class for each term.