UM-Flint and Utica Community Schools Programs for Educators
Utica Community Schools and the University of Michigan-Flint are partnering to offer several courses and programs for Utica employees.
Literacy Assessment Course
- Online plus five on-site classes in Utica from 8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. (specific days announced soon)
- Class runs June 27-July 27, 2012
- Reduced tuition rate of $325 per credit (3-credit course); also available at same total cost for SB-CEUs
- Course description: EDR 540/541/645 - Overview of classroom literacy assessment for teachers of grades K-8 or 6-12 addresses all requirements in PA 118. Provides literacy assessment tools and methods of differentiating instruction in elementary, middle, and secondary classrooms. Fieldwork required.
- To register: Contact the Office of Graduate Programs at (810) 762-3171 or email@example.com. We will email or send you a registration form that needs to be completed.
Education Specialist (Central Office/Administrative Preparation)
- Online plus one Saturday each month in Utica
- 18-month, 30-credit cohort program with concentrations in either Curriculum and Instruction or Educational Leadership
- Some transfer credit accepted in accordance with the policy
- Prepares educators for advancement as a central office administrator, curriculum director, or principal
- Graduates eligible to apply for the School Administrator state certification
- Completed master's degree required for admission
- Detailed program information - note that all information about this program on the website is the same whether taking the program in Flint or in Utica; the only difference being the specific Saturday of the course meetings (2nd Saturday in Flint, 3rd Saturday in Utica)
- To apply: Follow the procedure on our Ed.S. pages (click Application Process), which include submitting an application, application fee, resume, statement of purpose, 3 letters of recommendation, a copy of your teaching certificate, official transcripts from your bachelor's and master's degree institutions, and an Educational Leader Evaluation. On the application, be sure to note that you are applying for the cohort in Utica.
For more information about the programs offered in Utica for Utica employees, please contact the Office of Graduate Programs at (810) 762-3171 or firstname.lastname@example.org.