Graduate Requirements Checklists
All international students applying to the University of Michigan-Flint Graduate Program are required to submit the following:
- Application for Graduate Admission (online or via mail)
- Application Fee (varies depending on program)
- Official Transcripts
- Affidavit of Support
- Bank Statements
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Supporting materials required by the program. Visit Graduate Programs to select a program and view additional requirements.
All credentials must be official, original documents or notarized, attested copies of the original. Copies, faxes, and scanned documents will not be accepted.
- Contact the Office of Graduate Programs with questions regarding the application process.
- Choose the academic program for which you wish to apply. You may want to visit the University Catalog for specific program degree requirements and detailed course information.
- Submit an application at least 6 months prior to the beginning of the term for which you wish to apply. You may apply online using the Graduate International Student Online Application, or a by using a paper application.
- Submit the following items by mail to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions:
Conditional Admission to UM-Flint
The undergraduate and graduate programs use English proficiency test scores to determine a student’s eligibility for entrance into the University. Students who do not have a recent TOEFL score or who do not meet the language proficiency requirement may be conditionally admitted.
This would mean that students have the opportunity to take English Language classes at the university and after passing the MELAB or submitting an English Language test score that meets the requirement they can transition to their academic program.