Study Abroad Scholarships
The scholarships below are for students participating in UM-Flint faculty-led programs. Please submit ONE application only. Donors of this scholarship include:
- Ralph M. and Emmalyn E. Freeman
- Esther C. Stone
- Virginia Hoover Thompson
- Myron and Margaret Winegarden
What are the application deadlines?
January 18, 2013
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Students must be accepted into a UM-Flint faculty-led program
- Students must be full-time UM-Flints undergraduate or graduate students at the time of the application
- Students must have completed a minimum of 24 undergraduate credit hours, or 9 graduate credit hours at UM-Flint at the time of submitting application
- Students must have a 3.0 GPA for undergraduates and 5.0 GPA for graduates at the time of application
- Students must register for the course associated with the program.
What am I required to submit to apply?
- Complete Application
- Personal Statement
- Letter of Recommendation from UM-Flint faculty
- Current unofficial transcript
I was granted an award. How can I receive the funds?
Study Abroad Scholarships are applied directly to the student’s account and against the program fee. For example, if the program fee was $3000, and you received a $1000 scholarship, the balance you will be required to pay by the specified deadline is $2000. Your award will officially disburse during the term which the program is taking place.
I received an award but have not seen it posted on my student account. Why?
Your award will officially disburse during the term that the program is scheduled to take place. In the meantime, just understand that the Cashier’s Office will bill you for the program fee, minus the anticipated scholarship.
I have withdrawn from the program. What will happen to my scholarship?
Your scholarship will not be disbursed to you if you withdraw from the program.
What will happen if I do not register for the course associated with the program?
Your scholarship will not be disbursed to you if you do not register for the course associated with the program.