Circulation - Renewing Materials
A: You can renew books from the Thompson Library in any of the following ways:
- In Mirlyn, login [illustration] using your uniqname and Kerberos (Ann Arbor) password, then click on "My Account," then on "Items Checked Out" [illustration] and follow the directions onscreen.
- Go in person to the Loan Desk with your library card.
- Email your full name, your library card number, and the full title(s) of the book(s) you wish to renew to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call (810) 762-3400. Please have your library card and the book titles handy when you call.
Items that cannot be renewed using the methods above:
- Reserves. These can't be renewed.
- Books that have been recalled or have a hold placed on them. These must be returned by the original due date.
- Interlibrary loan books. These are renewed using an ILL form.
Loan/Renewal Periods - Books
Undergraduate students: 3 weeks
Graduate students: 8 weeks
Faculty & staff, proxy card holders, Regents of the University, and retired faculty & staff::
- Checked out between August 1 & November 30: December 15
- Checked out between December 1 & March 31: April 15
- Checked out between April 1 & July 31: August 15
Community borrowers card holders: 3 weeks Michigan Research Library Triangle (MSU & WSU graduate students): 3 weeks Academic Resource Sharing (ARS) card holders: 3 weeks Mott Community College faculty: 3 weeks