Learning Outcomes & Competencies
I. Integrates caring behaviors in professional practice through the application of the nursing process
- Advocates for consumers and their involvement in health care decisions.
- Advocates for coordination of entry and expanded accessibility to health care services.
- Demonstrates competencies of critical thinking and reflective practice in delivery of care.
- Provides competent clinical care for diverse populations in a variety of health care settings.
- Collaborates with clients to optimize their care.
II. Integrates knowledge of health concepts and health care systems into nursing practice
- Applies nursing practice to protect, promote, and restore health as a member of the health team.
- Forming partnerships with health care members to promote client centered health care.
- Applies primary, secondary, and tertiary preventive strategies to clients.
- Integrates scientific, technological, and patient information into the development, and management, and delivery of health care services.
III. Demonstrates competence in the professional nursing role
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in the delivery of health care and evaluation of one's practice.
- Integrates moral, ethical, and legal responsibility in professional practice.
- Recognize the importance of lifelong learning.
IV. Applies principles of leadership in nursing practice and health care delivery
V. Analyzes health care systems in relation to economics, social, political and legal issues
- Applies management concepts in the health care delivery system.
- Evaluate use of complex technology in an appropriate and cost-effective manner to improve quality of care.
- Integrates cost management strategies to provide quality care within the healthcare systems.
VI. Incorporates research and evidence based literature into nursing practice