Maintaining Ethics and Professional Boundaries in Our Schools
This is an ethics protection/violation prevention course for senior high school and junior high school teachers and administrators. The purpose of this course is to reduce a teacher’s or administrator’s violation potential through the application of the Boundary/Ethics Formula and Stratified Ethics Protection Plan, both developed by Professional Boundaries, Inc.
The Boundary/Ethics Formula© examines the relationship of variables that have affect ethical decision processing. It includes an algorithm, developed by a student at Princeton University, that mathematically converts a teacher’s selection of elements into a numeric range to help identify the potential for violations. This tool will then enable teachers to take pro-active steps for reducing this potential.
This course is intended for those who have not violated or have not been accused of a breach of ethics, boundaries, law, or policy. It is not intended for educators/administrators who are dealing with disciplinary procedures.
The goal of the course is to reduce the occurrence of ethical and boundary transgressions committed by educators.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Describe situations that are ripe for misunderstandings and violations of professional ethics and standards.
- Apply the Boundary/Ethics Formula© in order to identify and reduce one’s own potential for ethical, boundary, and policy transgressions.
- Improve ethical decision making.
- Develop and implement a Stratified Ethics Protection Plan© to safeguard their students, colleagues, school, profession, and themselves.
- $40 individual
- Group subscription for 10-19 teachers: $750
- Group subscription for 20-29 students: $1350
- Subscription for 30 or more, please contact us for discount pricing.