Return to Learn Scholarship Application
The University of Michigan-Flint
The Return to Learn Scholarship program awards scholarships to students who have left the higher educational environment for at least one year and are interested in the opportunity to continue learning. Scholarships are awarded for one semester only.
Scholarship Guidelines for individuals returning Winter 2007 or later.
- Applicants must be enrolled in at least three credit hours for the semester they are requesting consideration.
- Scholarship awards are contingent upon availability of funds and limited to no more than $1,000 per student. Students will receive $100 per credit hour up to $1,000, contingent upon availability of funds.
- Scholarships are applied directly to the student’s account and can be used for tuition, fees and books.
- Scholarships will be made available to students following the drop/add period (approximately two weeks after the start of the semester).
- Scholarships are not based on financial need.
- Scholarships are not renewable.
- If a recipient drops the course for which he/she has have received the scholarship, he/she will not be eligible for future funds.
- Scholarship recipients are eligible the first semester only.
- The scholarship selection committee will be comprised of two individuals from the Office of Extended Learning.
- Scholarships will be cancelled for recipients who fail to be enrolled for at least three credits by the end of the drop/add period for the semester(s) in which they are receiving scholarship funding.
- Qualifying applicants must be seeking an undergraduate degree.
Scholarship applications must be received before the first day of the semester for which the scholarship is being requested.