As a freshman and sophomore, you will be advised in the Academic Advising & Career Center. AACC is located on the second floor of the University Pavilion. To make an appointment, call 810-762-3085 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a junior and senior, you will be advised in the School of Management. The academic advisors at the School of Management are committed to helping you make the most of your education. They are available to meet with you and discuss your degree progress in a one-on-one, confidential setting. You can feel comfortable knowing that your success is important to your advisors and they are prepared to help you overcome the struggles you encounter as you pursue your degree.The School of Management Office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
To make an appointment with a SOM Academic Advisor, please call 810-762-3160 or request an appointment online.
Walk-in advising is also available throughout the year. Walk-in advising is intended for brief, 20-30 minute advising sessions. Each day, a different advisor will be available to see students during walk-in advising hours on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Spring 2013 walk-in advising is available:
|Monday||1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
How can you make your advising appointment a success?
Your academic advisor is an important source of information, but the success of your appointment is largely dependent on you. It is important that you come to each meeting prepared. You are expected to:
- Bring a list of questions and concerns that you would like to address.
- Bring a list of possible courses that you would like to fit into your schedule.
- Be prepared to discuss your past academic performance in detail.
- Bring a notebook or planner to write down notes or information for your next meeting.
- Be open to suggestions and have an understanding that there may be several different ways to accomplish your goals.